Wednesday 26 September 2012

Chèvre Take 2 - Part 2

Got home from work and rushed into the kitchen to check on my cheese.

My fifteen year old says what's in that pot in the oven? Reply - my cheese!

Oh I turned the oven on for 10 seconds and discovered the pot and turned it off.

I check the remote temp I have set up in the oven and it is reading 99 deg F.....agggh; another note to self.... Put note on oven telling junior cooks not to use oven while cheese creation is in progress!

The cheese had been ripening in the pot for 17 hrs and the curd was solid and pulling away from the pot edge.

I filled four molds and put the rest in cheese cloth. I will drain the molds till morning about 14 hrs and the cheese in the cheese cloth after 6 hrs.

2 comments:

  1. wow that is such a solid separation!! ours looked really different. Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That may have been due to the ripening time. The first batch I did was not as solid and the ripening time was less.

      Delete